Nevada Mission Statement
The objective of the Nevada Chapter shall be to unify the concerns and gifts of Black Episcopalians by providing educational opportunities and encouragement for full participation at all levels in the mission and governance of The Episcopal Church.
National Mission for the 21st Century:
To unite the diverse cultures, concerns and gifts of Black Episcopalians by providing preparation and encouragement for living the Baptismal Covenant and fully participating in the mission and governance of The Episcopal Church.
Vision for the 21st Century:
- To create awareness within young men and women of African descent about the clergy vocation
- To promote strong Lay Leadership among communities of African Descent within TEC and the Anglican Communion
- To incorporate fiscal responsibility into the life, work and ministry of UBE by becoming financially solvent by 2015
- Create a systematic approach of ensuring that Black congregations are sustainable and viable within their vineyards
- To be a community of vigilance and action regarding matters of injustice, especially the effects of racism in the Church and society.”